Date : 03 December 2020
Location: Multi-Function Room 1st floor
By Bangkok Art and Culture Centre
15.00 - 17.30 hrs.
Within the context of the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre having opened its doors to the public now for 12 years since 2008, it is now an appropriate time to initiate a forum for open discussion on how contemporary art may have a role in present day Thailand, and as well to examine the parts played by practitioners and institutions, from private to public sectors, within the art circle.
The relationship of art and society continually changes depending how the individual citizens view its surroundings and social trends, and how they may gain in the process of learning through art. By having this open discussion we very much hope to put together a direction as how art and culture may move forward in this country as in other values such as social, economic, environment, and security.
Moderator: Sasapin Siriwanij
- Norihiko Yoshioka (The Japan Foundation Bangkok, Director General)
- Athit Prasartkul (Diplomat, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, art collector)
- Chalida Uabumrungjit (Thai Film Archive, Director)
- Vipash Purichanont Ph.D (lecturer at the department of Art History at Silpakorn University)
- Pathumwan Art Routes (PARs)
- Museum Siam
- The Japan Foundation, Bangkok
- Institute of Thai Studies, Chulalongkorn University
- Film Archive (Public Organization)
For more inforamtion, please contact
Arts Network Department, Bangkok Art and Culture Centre
Tel. 02-2146630 - 8 ext. 526