Bangkok Art and Culture Centre (BACC) will be accepting application for displaying art exhibition at People’s Gallery in 2017 from 1 - 31 March 2016.
People’s Gallery is an art exhibition area located on the 2nd floor of Bangkok Art and Culture Center (BACC). People’s Gallery is divided into 3 rooms. BACC accepts the following arts works for consideration: paintings, sculptures, graphics, photographs, designs, installation, mixed media, and multimedia arts. Artists who are interested in showcasing their work can fill in a request form and submit their portfolio and supplemental documents for consideration. Submission period takes place yearly in March of every year.
Application Form for People’s Gallery
Please submit the following materials for consideration:
- A copy of artist’s Identification Card OR a copy of artist’s Passport
- Artist’s biography
- Portfolio of art work that wished to be exhibited in A4 document
- A CD of images of art work that wished to be exhibited as a .jpg file type
- A brochure of previous exhibition (if any)
Who would be qualified to use the area?
1. Thai and foreign artists.
2. Artists can submit the work individually, duo or in group.
3. Art work must not include provocative content like pornography; a threat to national security, religion, or royal family; or types of art that may cause conflict.
Exhibitions terms and conditions
1. Request forms are available at Information Counter on the 5th floor. Applicants can submit their work in March of every year. Only original documents will be accepted. Applicants can submit the documents in person at Human Resources Department at the Office on the 6th floor of BACC, Tuesday to Saturday 10.00-18.00 hrs. or mail in the documents to Bangkok Art and Culture Centre 939 Rama I Road, Wang Mai Sub-district, Pathumwan District, Bangkok, 10330 and write (People’s Gallery) at the corner of the envelop.
2. Applications submitted in March will be considered in April and results will be announced in May.
3. All successful applications will have to pass the selection criteria and People’s Gallery experts’ approval. The approval by our experts is considered final.
4. Once the application is approved, People’s Gallery officer will provide an official accepting letter which will include the date of discussion about exhibition details. People’s Gallery reserves the right to refrain any advertisement of the exhibition at this stage of process until all details are finalized and approved. Advertisement and/or announcement of the exhibition prior to official approval will face cancellation or any action BACC finds appropriate.
5. Artist with approval to showcase the work may use the space for one month, including the period of installation and removal of the exhibition.
6. In order to create an open opportunity for a variety of artists, artists who exhibited their work once will have to wait for another 2 years before they can submit more work for another consideration.
7. Artist who received approval to exhibit the work must meet the following payments: (1) security deposit (5,000 baht/room/exhibition + vac 7% : 5,350 baht; the deposit will be returned in full if no damages are made; full payment of an actual cost of damages caused by exhibitor must be made to ensure that the room returns to its original condition). (2) 20% commission will be taken from all sales and go toward supporting BACC activities.
8. There must be at least 1 person to look after the exhibition for the entire duration (10.00 – 21.00 hrs.).
9. People’s Gallery program only provides an open space; artists and exhibitors must manage the rest and must comply with rules and regulation of People’s Gallery, which will be sent along with official accepting letter.
10. Any information related to the exhibition at People’s Gallery for presentation and distribution must be submitted to officers for approval prior to any action.
- People’s Gallery reserves the right to consider only proposal and related materials that follow the rules and regulations mentioned above.
-People’s Gallery reserves the right to make changes to terms and conditions or fees without advance notice.